It’s hi and bye to July.
Signing off with my regular Monthly Muse.
A book I’m currently reading
“Busy this Evening?: Yarns of a London Minicab Driver” by Chris Bastin
Busy this Evening?: Yarns of a London Minicab Driver
Buy Busy this Evening?: Yarns of a London Minicab Driver by Chris Bastin (ISBN: 9781915853035) from Amazon's Book…
Description: Inspired by the author’s own work and personal experiences, Busy This Evening? presents a humorous and often tongue-in-cheek insight into the life of a London minicab driver, through the eyes of the sincere and endearing Thomas Buckley.
A brand/marketing lesson I’ve learned
It’s often said that marketers should emphasise a product’s benefits over its features to better connect with consumers and their needs.
But we shouldn’t overlook how features can also market a product by:
- Communicating a brand’s competitive advantage.
- Signalling a brand’s executional competence.
- Appealing to consumers who love tools and gadgets.
A campaign that’s inspired me
“Get Out There” — easyJet
- Brilliant concept: historic icons experiencing travel for the first time.
- Thorough execution: real people cast from all across Europe.
- Sets a new brand direction while maintaining the challenger spirit.
A quote that’s stuck with me
“A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.”
A log of my latest scribbles
Finally, a big hello (and thank-you) to my newest followers
Let’s connect on Twitter/X → @NB_Branding
Until next month 👋